We’re celebrating Paint Nite’s 5th anniversary this year. It’s been a wonderful whirlwind of painting, creativity, friendship, and fun. You probably already know a lot about us since over 180,000 of you have joined us for Paint Nite events across the world, but we thought we’d dig up some fun facts that you might not know.
1. The first Paint Nite was held in downtown Boston on March 13, 2012.
It was the night that the transformers blew, that caused a city-wide black out, knocking out power to about 21,000 businesses and homes. The venue hosting Paint Nite (Clery’s) was the ONLY business that still had power! A sign? We think so.
2. We have a beloved fish tank (where every fish has a name!).
And our co-founder, Dan, gives bi-weekly updates to the company on their health and wellness.
3. We are not a franchised business.
We are a licensed business. We empower artists and creatives to own their own Paint Nite business. Our Paint Nite Creative Entrepreneurs partner with local restaurants and bars to host events. This lets us bring Paint Nite (and Plant Nite) events to your town AND supports local businesses.
4. We used to have a giant mural of a deer with athletic socks on the wall.
Don’t ask us why. We actually didn’t have an official office until August of 2013 (1.5 years in). We’re about to move into a new office in Somerville, MA in the next couple of months.
5. Our current Director of Licensing used to be a chemist.
She applied for a customer service position in which over 500 other people applied, and our CEO was so incredibly curious as to why she had applied that he brought her in for an interview. He ended up hiring her and developing a new position based on her skill set, Director of Licensing.
And because no birthday is complete without at least a little humble bragging, here’s what we’ve pulled off as a team over the last five years:
- We’ve entertained about 2.5 million customers
- 185,000 of YOU paint each month with us (thank you!)
- We have 1,150 Paint Nite artists
- We have 3,850 bar and restaurant partners
- We hold 6,450 events each month
- We’ve helped you raise over 2.5 million dollars for causes that matter to you
Thanks for a great five years!